Monday, April 12, 2010

A new week and lots accomplished over the weekend!

Morning everyone! I hope you all had a joyous weekend as you can see by my post we had a great weekend and accomplished a few things around here.

Yesterday we managed to haul the aquaponics set up as it is outside to do some water testing. Because as I have mentioned it is a system that needs to cycle regularly we are working on the mechanics of the siphon. We are at about 80% accomplished, we have a siphon that works, however on occasion the siphon does not break and the water flows out as fast as it comes in. More tweeking ahead before we enclose the system to make it main floor friendly!!


We spent a lot of time just setting and watching the cycle run. I know the neighbors think we have lost it, but actually it was a lot like watching a campfire it held your interest. I am sure I would enjoy it a lot more if there were fish in the aquarium and greens in the grow bed!

One of the highlights of our day was a visit from Heather and PLD. I had been waiting to show him his newest toy that is at Grammies & Papas house. A tricycle that fits him, now he just has to learn how to peddle the dang thing.

Todays plans are to tweek and refine the Aquaponics system, melt some glass, collect some papers for the tax lady, and make a run to Kalamazoo to hit the local stores. Looks like I will be busy today!

For yesterdays menu we juiced fruit for breakfast, chicken salad with walnuts & apples for lunch, home made sundried tomato humus and veggies for afternoon snack, and stir fried chicken and broccoli with fresh asparagus for dinner!

Time for some granola and I need to add a run to the grocery store for more fruits and veggies to my list of things to do! Have a wonderful day!

Huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment