Friday, April 23, 2010

I have been busy, spring is busting out all over and I am playing catchup. We have had beautiful weather with some rain headed our way, but what's spring without rain!

So I have been helping hubby get our LSB ~ Living Salad Bar ~ Aquaponics Indoor Garden up and running. Yesterday was sanding the final parts and giving it a finish. I think I will be ok with it in my dining room. We got that all done yesterday added in the aquarium, then the grow bed on top, finally rinsed all the grow media and installed the plumbing. Fish are next and as the bacteria grows we will be ready for the plants.

Here is the LSB with the aquarium in. Next the grow bed, which still needs more media for the plants, we are off and running to Kalamazoo to pick that up along with some additional goodies. Finally here is the set up with the front access panel installed, I know you can't hear it, but the water is going in and the siphone gurgles and sucks about every 10 minutes emptying the water out of the grow bed.

I'll be cooking tonight and tomorrow my sister, Michelle and my Brother-in-law Glenn will be visiting tomorrow evening for a family picnic. We will be hanging out at Heathers house and enjoying being together.

Have a great weekend and pass those huggies around!
Dilly

1 comment:

  1. You two and your living salad bar are a scream. Watching the whole process has been interesting and entertaining. Still laughing about the shredder.

    ReplyDelete