Saturday, April 10, 2010

Its another sunshiney day in the neighborhood! Not real warm yet only in the 30's but headed up to the 60's now that I can live with. Overall pretty good weather here in the Mitten!

Thanks to all that stopped in and checked out my squeaky new blog! I thought I was just putting down stuff to amuse myself and remember half the crap I am doing! Sometimes I feel like my head isn't hooked on! But we do have a family saying "If your green your growing, if your ripe your rotten" I sure haven't had time to be ripe lately, and we do keep learning stuff so I guess technically we fall under the growing part! So, that's our goal, keep learning stuff.

We did get the taxes well on their way, with way less pain than I thought there would be. A little more information for the lady and it looks good! Yes!!!

Managed to pick up a few things up for the business, on our way home. Business trip don't you know! LOL But we didn't get around to working on the compost barrel. So the whip and shackles come out today. We need the gratification of finishing a project so time to lash ourselves to the house and get-er-done!

I finally have the design done to make our Aquaponic garden dooable to set upstairs. Most of the stuff we have come across is a set of blue 55 gallon barrels, or a cobble jockey mangle of aquariums, Rubbermaid Tubs, PVC pipe and rubber tubes, UCK. I found one commercially made set up that I would ALLOW upstairs in my house. Not that my house is anything special, but I am too anal to have just plain frigging ugly upstairs. So we will be working on the plumbing part of that before we enclose the set-up and give it its finished look. Maybe pictures here in the next couple of days so it's easier to understand.

As far as the eating, juiced for breakfast, egg salad and sprout sandwich for lunch, organic granola bar for after noon snack, and a spinach and chicken salad with sprouts, cranberries and almonds for dinner! Throw in some pork rinds, ya I know some of you will gag on that one, but we like them, no carbs, and we cut those off after 4:00 and a girl has to snack on something crunchy!!

I am hoping to go visit PLD and check out his new to him train that he can ride around and around. His Mommy had one when she was his age and would fall asleep on it until she fell off. Since he is heavy into Choo Choo's I am sure this will be a hit. I have been checking the local Amtrak schedule, I think a short ride to Kalamazoo is in his future I wonder what he will think of that one!

OK, I have had my first cup of coffee, the granola is calling my name for breakfast! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Huggies All Around!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment