Thursday, May 27, 2010

Skyping, Garage Sales and Working in the Yard on todays list of goodies!

I started my day off with a Skype visit with my friend Ellen! We discussed some wire work for earring findings! We both brushed our teeth to make sure we didn't offend each other. That and a cup of coffee and I can't think of a better way to start your day!

Hit a few garage sales with hubby after my morning coffee. Managed to pick up some ornamental wire fence I wanted for my front landscpaing project, a big bag of Hot Wheels cars for $3 to add to PLD's toy chest, and a small Lap Harp for me to play with.

We got our shipment of 2,000 red worms and they are all wiggly-squiggly in thier new flow through composter munching down all kinds of goodies! So bring on the broccoli ends, lettuce leaves, vegetable and fruit discards, skins etc. the boys are ready to go to work!

I have 8 bags of cedar mulch waiting for me to finish some of the front yard so I can spread them. I'll still need to pick up some more River Rock and a few plants, but I can see the first of 3 levels of landscaping coming to an end for the front yard. Next more removing of the Sod for the planting area directly in front of the house and then pour the cement patio in beween the two plant areas. Our private little garden out front! Maybe now that the temps are a little cooler I won't melt like the evil witch in the heat!!


Yesterday little Dude visited and brought us a couple of Icees to keep Papa and I cool. He decided that Kylee needed his attention and he went over to the cabinet we keep her cookies in. With Kylee's big head over his shoulder together they pulled out her cookies and began loading her up on goodies! It was great, but I only had my phone camera. So this is kind of fuzzy but so cute!

So...time to either tune up my lap harp or go dig up more sod. I am undecided on that one! LOL Have a great day and huggies all around for everyone!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment