Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainy Days and Tuesdays always get me down!!! Not really

Yup it's raining out, but that means the humidity is down and it's only 70. For me that is just perfect. Plus I don't have to water the gardens! Call me happy yippy skippy!!!

Sorry I haven't been on here lately lots of new things to report though!!! We had a great Holiday weekend. I got Phase #1 done of my front yard landscaping. I just need more plants and to install my pretty little fence once I get it painted! Such an improvement over what we moved into only 2 years ago!

I ended my weekend by riding up to the Ludington area with Heather and Xavier to pick up their new puppy. Yup Heather finally came to the decision. I am so happy for them such a cutie too. His name isn't decided on but somewhere between Dude and Buttons! He is a 14 week old Affenpinscher/Poodle mix.

We finished our 2-Liter Pop Bottle Aquaponics set up and it's working great in the upstairs back room with the sliding glass door supporting it with natural light. The broccoli, cauliflower and lettuce look like they are doing great! Next a big tomato set-up outside to prepare us for the winter when that entire setup will move to the basement. We certainly have learned a lot, actually more than we ever thought!!

Meanwhile the LSB down in the dining room is finally got it's PH levels under control with larger plants, fewer fish, vinegar baths and removal of a green worm. Who knew that my gardening duties would be many! LOL

The summer looms ahead with lots of work on the house. We must resume painting the house, continue with Phase #2 and #3 of the front yard! Plus manage to enjoy ourselves but that is pretty much covered with spending time with Kylee (who will be celebrating her 2nd birthday on Sunday) and Xavier who always makes our day even with his new LOUD voice!!

Have a great day everyone and huggies all around!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment