Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy Saturday Ahead!

It's Saturday and we will be on the road and busy all day!

First we are headed up to Charlotte to pick up some Talapia. After thinking we were going to have to spend big $$$ to have them overnighted from California I found a guy on Aquabid.com who was selling them right back in the old home town! We will be picking up 50 small frye and 10 fingerlings to add to our tank. These are the guys I don't want to make friends with because come this fall/winter they will be on my dinner plate!

This evening we are going down near Coldwater to spend time with the Girls and their families were they are camping. I am taking the makings of Hobo Pies....way off the healthy life style this evening but OOOHHHH so worth it! Plus we get to get PLD hugs in the bargain!

In between we will be gluing and painting the new 2-Liter Aquaponic set-up. Eventualy it will be the home to my herb garden but for now we will play with all kinds of goodies. Some tomatoes and lettuce who knows what else. As soon as the supplier has barrels back in Randy is building a barrelponics set-up outside so we can grow broccoli and cauliflower until fall. Then it will probably move inside so we can have tomatos all winter. This stuff is addicting and fun.

Somewhere in there I will continue working on the yard. We got so much rain yesterday that both my 55 gal rainbarrels are full so no problem water now! The front yard is really shaping up and I like what I see. Now to figure what kind of ornamental fence I want. We really miss our big old front porch and would like to feel like we aren't setting out in the middle of the street when in our chairs out front. That was the whole goal for the Landscaping project.

Randy is standing over my shoulder ready to rock and roll, so I had better wrap this up! Have a wonderful day and huggies all around for everyone!

Dilly

1 comment: