Sunday, May 9, 2010

A beautiful Mothers Day

The only way today could have been better was if my boy had been here! But I did get to see him via Skype this morning and that was wonderful. Almost an hour of chatting and sharing and laughing! It was great and we need to do that more regularly!

The rest of the day was spent with our two daughters and our grandson. Our SIL Kirk had to work and our other SIL Shawn was sick home in bed beaten down by a cold. Missed you both!!! The girls took over the kitchen and whipped up a Schafer home made pizza I don't even want to know how much that thing weighed when they put it in the oven. I think they needed a crane to hold it!! Great Conversation and lots of laughing and joy were shared. Little Dude helped cook by giving instruciton while he was slurping on his sucker and wearing his new shirt "I Love Grandma". Which of course made my day!


While the pizza was cooking hubby was working on a leak in our over flow valve of the LSB. His apprentice was hard at work with him. A great meal was followed by a wonderful desert cherry pie and mint chocolate ice cream. No not one thing was organic and we had a little of each. My one request was a bottle of diet Pepsi and I have to tell you it tasted like pig swill!! After 4 months of no pop I won't be lusting after another swig anytime soon!!! I had one glass and sent the rest home with Heather! However the ice cream was as wonderful as ever! I sent that home with Xavier because everytime someone carried a bowl into the room his eyes lit up! So he got the leftovers! Maybe if his Dad is lucky he will share some with him!!!

I got a pile of rocks and some bark for Mothers Day!! Don't laugh that's what I asked for. Randy took me to the local store and bought me 4 bags of river rock and 4 bags of mulch and some stepping stones to build a little path for Xavier in my front yard landscaping. Heather gave me a gift certificate for 4 more bags of rock, and Shannon got me a gift certificate for more mulch. Its exactly what I asked for and now I can really get that front yard underway when the weather permits!!! Xavier got me a little book of why he loves his Grandmom!! What a sweetie! He finally blew me a kiss as he left in the car....made my day!

Tomorrow we are headed out early to Lansing on a thrift store run. But it will be different because Heather is driving and she and Xavier and Randy and I will be doing it together to celebrate her birthday! I know we are crazy but we will have a great time finding treasures!

Huggies all around for everyone!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment