Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hot Hot Sunday!


I have been working in the yard....OOOOh Doooogie it is a steamy hot day! I guess we will go from Spring to Summer in a blink of an eye!

Had a wonderful time yesterday with both our daughters and their families! Lot's of pictures to post! Xavier was thrilled to see Papa as usual and enjoyed lots of activities with him. But I got the last special memory of the day with him. Rocking him to sleep when he was all cleaned up and ready for Nite-Nite. I sang softly to him as he fell asleep. Brings tears to my eyes as I type this...I don't know how many more or if any times I will get to do that with him!! That memory is a keeper!!

Randy is down working on his vermicomposter unit. His 2,000 red wigglers (worms that eat their weight in garbage every day) are ordered and will be shipped out from PA tomorrow. So all that extra greens and citrus will be the worms dinner!

We picked up 50 Tilapia Frye....they are only about 1/2 inch right now....but they grow so fast they will be about 10" in 7 months. So for now feeding them about every hour with a special powder feed. Once they are big enough they will move into the aquaponic systems we are building.

OK I am off to fix lunch. I have been working on the front yard getting more of the landscaping area de-sodded. Is that even a word??? Have a great day and huggies all around for everyone.

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment