Saturday, May 8, 2010

Falling asleep must get to bed but I wanted to remember my MOM

I wanted to post today and almost missed the chance! But here I am it's after 10:00 and I have already closed my eyes in the living room chair. Yah I know my family will hassle me about that!

Really didn't do much today....ran up to Charlotte for a packing peanut run....hit the local thrift stores. We found a few things and made it home where we got a visit from PLD and family. It continued to be freaking cold in the 40's with high winds and rain...so nothing done outside and that was really at the top of my list of things to do.

I wanted to post so I could put this in here. One of my glassy buddies started a thread with dedications to our Mom's. Mine has been gone almost 34 years, which is very hard to believe it's been that long. I know I will be busy tomorrow with the girls and their families coming over for home-made pizza. Todd has set up a skype call tomorrow morning and I look forward to seeing him!! But tonight I just wanted to pay tribute to my Mom.....after all these years I still miss you so much! Here is what I posted on Wet Canvas:

Mildred Lucille Dillingham
January 7th 1928 - May 10th 1976


Mom

I know you have been at my side with your hand on my shoulder as I have lived my life. I know that because there is no way I could have done the things I have done, raised the children I have raised and been the wife I have been if it had not been for your help! You may be gone from this earth for almost 34 years but you have been at my side everyday. The wonderful talents of being a MOM that you passed on to my sister and I shine brightly with our children and grandchildren.

Your love, patience, strength, dignity and pride live strongly among all of us. Yes I still stand up straight, I remember to put a smile on my face, I can do more than Pop Popcorn and I have attempted every craft known to man. Like you I was a scout leader, member of the PTA, never missed a school conference and cheered at every event my children participated in. One of your most beloved gifts is that of reading and accepting that if you can read you can learn anything has been one of my life tools. I am still working on your grandson….but your granddaughters have picked up the torch!

Thank you for setting such a wonderful example that is now being passed on to the next generation. Your Grandchildren may never have been kissed goodnight by you…but your values shine through each and every one of them. I know you will continue to watch over us and guide us through the good and bad.

As I rocked your first great-grandchild in your rocking chair, I know that another generation of love is being passed on!


My friend Duane also a glassy bud emailed me and we shared more about our Mom's here is what I posted back to him.

Hey Guy

I will be looking forward to your post! My huge emotional things I failed to mention was that 1st my Mom died on Mothers Day and the 2nd happened a year after my Mom past away.

My family Dr. at the time of Mom's passing was a young premature grey sweetie. I didn't find out until after Mom was gone that he was only 2 years older than I and Mom was his first very personal patient to die! He visited her everyday for 9 months.

One year to the day I ended up in labor and delivery with the same Dr. He came into my room and set down and cried because he said "Sandy is there anyway we can hold this off until tomorrow?" Since it was 2:00 in the afternoon that wasn't on my agenda after 8 hours of labor. I must have given him that are you freaking kidding me look? I couldn't understand why he was so upset....then it dawned on me...He then said..."but your Mom passed away a year ago today you don't want to have your baby today". I held his hand and said...."nope Mom has been playing with the baby for the last 9 months...its time to make this a happy day. Every year I wake up I will be excited because it will be this baby's birthday and a celebration will be in preperation. I will always remember my Mom but it will be a happy day!"

Our oldest daughter Heather will be celebrating her 33rd birthday on Monday. It will again be a happy day and we will celebrate just like every year since she was born. We will also remember her Grandma and how much love she has passed down to all of us!

If I feel up to it....I will share this...but I figured enough tears for one day!


Have a great day today my friends!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment