Thursday, June 3, 2010

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Only in the mid 70's a slight chance of rain...I am loving it! Because of all the rain everything is emerald green and the plants and garden are growing like crazy!! I even had a couple of fresh ripe strawberries off the vine.

We do have a doggie under the weather. Tail between the legs, head down and only comfy sleeping straight down. She must be feeling better she ate OK, and now she is laying all sprawled out! We are keeping a close eye on her!

Nothing much new around here, the talapia are growing, the worms are composting, the plants in both Aquaponic units are growing very well! Time to build the 3rd unit that is a barrelponics set-up for outside. That will really get us ready for the big set-up for the basement this fall!

I will be potting up some seedlings today. I found a wooden thingy (the best I can describe) that you use to make plant pots out of newpaper for seedlings. I am not all that thrilled with the results from the rock wool pots. Everything seems to be scrawny and stringy with it! Always ready to try something new!

I'll probably run to Horrocks to pick up a few more annuals I have been slowly adding them to the beds around the yard. Maybe some more impatients for my wooden wheelbarrow! Then spreading more mulch and digging out the area under the smoke tree for mulch. There you have my daily menu of things to do! LOL

Have a wonderful day and Huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment