Tuesday, June 15, 2010

OMG June is halfway done!!



How the heck did that happen???? I gotta enjoy this summer more!

I have been having a great time making more jewelry and getting it up on my Etsy site. Todays new item are necklaces in pewter and copper and I learned how to age the metal using a boiled egg rather than that nasty liver of sulphur stuff! The copper turned out with a beautiful patina!

Time to be adding in some more pewter. Won't be long and I will have to heat up the little cast iron pans and pour the plaster for more goodies. The necklace I put up today was an old casting of a tree sculpture I did. After 20 years it's still one of my favorites, but I have always been partial to trees!

With the regular rain and heat the garden and the flowers are going to town. I need to bring up last years photos and compare I know we are way ahead of schedule. I have blossoms on the tomatos and a baby acorn squash growing. Randy almost has the 3rd aquaponics unit ready for outdoors. I will have to take photos of the first two units. We have been adding lettuce into our sandwiches from the LSB. The plants being grown in natural sunlight upstairs are doing very well.

Now I have to figure something out for Fathers Day for hubby. I am not sure what, and I couldn't say on here because he does lower himself occasionally and read what I waste me time on! (His perspective of course!!!LOL). So off to work on some glass in the studio I am sure we will be off and running tomorrow!

Huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment