Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's a hot one!


It's 6:30 at night and it's time to turn on the air. It's humid and my forehead is dripping! I know TMI for you!

Even though it has been hot we have accomplished quite a lot. I got my new little herb garden all planted this morning because it was suppose to rain this morning. NOT! I just need to edge it and get some more herbs to add to my first stash. Then I edged around a couple of trees out front and added mulch so hubby wouldn't have trouble mowing. Finally cleaned up around the front from everything that got dumped there this week so the curb appeal is to my satisfaction. No we aren't up for sale I am just anal about those things! LOL

Hubby has been finishing up the building of the barrelponics unit for the back yard. This one will grow (keep your fingers crossed) the big stuff and will be moved to the basement this fall. We are in the middle of water testing it. So far everything works great but we have a couple of leaks to fix. Now we can fill the other two grow beds and give it a rattle and roll. I have plants just busting at the seams to live in this unit! LOL He has promised me only one more unit and that is a single barrel herb garden for my kitchen for this winter!


Other than that it's kind of quiet around here, the girls are both camping and Todd is busy wrapping up his job in Creede. Busy Boy! I think I have Randy convinced that we need to do Papa Murphys Pizza tonight. YUM Good thing it's pretty close to healthy other than the thin crispy crust. But we will do it anyway it's our once a week treat!

More yard work tomorrow and it's suppose to be even hotter! So up early and work before it get really hot! I hope you are all having a great summer.....huggies all around for everyone!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment