Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer is winding down, but the Heat is still on!



It won't be long and I can say fall is coming! The rumble you feel will just be me doing a happy dance, I am sick of this heat!!! Bring on the frost I don't even care if it takes out some flowers!

We have been treated to the National Balloon Competition this past week! I would be having my coffee and look up and hear either the burners on the balloons or the neighborhood dogs having a hissy fit! Kylee has learned to just look up and watch. Dozer was in puppy stupid mode and didn't even pay attention! Sometimes the sky just looked like God was hanging Christmas Ornaments around the bright blue sky. I counted close to 50 on Saturday morning!

Today I helped Hubby, yup that is right I helped him put up 4 dozen ears of corn for the freezer. We have more to do but ran out of freezer bags. He is such a good guy and he knows between the shoulder and the thumb I just can't do it right now! But, Oh Baby fresh sweet corn this winter whenever I want it! YUMMMY.

I am having trouble getting photos, my new camera is acting up and I can't even get the photos off of it that I took yesterday when Heather and I took Xavier out to Turkeyville to ride the trains. Of course we had to do the flea market, the gift shop and the icecream stand too! Pecan Praline....not even organic....Oh Well!

I have to go make some updated meatloaf. I would suck up the old kind but I have kept trying a recipe and I can get it pretty close and a lot healthier for us! Have a wonderful evening everyone and a happy start to a new week, and a new month!!!

Big huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely with ya on the cooler stuff, Dill. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete