Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another beautiful summer day!

It will be a little warmer today, but we have been having a few wonderful days lately. Sunny, humidity within reason and a beautiful breeze. If it never went above 80 I would be a happy camper!

Yesterday we went to Randy's neice and nephews open house. W visited with the family and enjoyed the gorgeous breeze. Xavier was in top form and loved seeing "Great Papa". He never fails in putting a great smile on Randy's Dad's face! PLD had his Aunt Nana's redskins outfit on.

Today I will be doing the rain dance, so I won't have to drag the hose out and take care of the garden. I knew there was a reason I liked the Aquaponic systems, they water themselves. I do need to research how to harvest stevia (natural sweetner) which I have growing like crazy in my herb garden! We changed out some lights in the LSB and hoping that will kick those plants into gear! I planted some Black Seeded Simpson Leaf Lettuce so I'll be checking on those little sprouts!

So let's see on todays dance card, some more embroidery, a little metal crocheting, hoping to light up the torch, grill some hairy cow beef (highland cattle, long haired and better for you than chicken) and enjoy our Sunday!

Enjoy your day and huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

2 comments:

  1. So glad you defined "hairy cow beef;" I had a really horrid picture in my head.
    Hope you got enough rain so you didn't have to hose down the yard. We got a good down pour but it didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen I actually get the hair cow beef over by you. The Rogers Cattle farm is on west side of Otsego and I hit there every couple of months and pick up a supply!

    ReplyDelete