Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good Mornig All!

Another rainy warm day here in the mitten. Gray skies, rain, tornado sirens and flooding. It must be Spring!!! Hey, at least the wet stuff isn't frozen and the temps are in the 60's I can live with that!

We had a wonderful Easter, spent the day with the girls and their families. Hid eggs many times for Xavier, played outside and grilled hamburgs and hot dogs. It does not get much better than that!


Today I am staying home from running the roads and having lunch with both of my daughters and Shannon's friend Sarah. We will be working out the planning and such for Shannon's baby shower that we will be having June 26th. Since we are all a bunch of control freaks and anal queens we will try to do this without bloodshed!!!!


I am going to have to get Randy to take a new photo of me with Dozer. My baby is getting so tall, he is now taller than Kylee. He has legs that just go and go and go! He will be 1yr old in June. The bright side, and there are many, to having a Great Dane is that at my advanced age, I don't have to bend down to pet him, and I don't have to even think about picking him up. The down side is that there are a lot of times he thinks he is a lap dog and wants to crawl up into the chair with me! Plus you must wear shoes, because the PSI of his paw can turn your foot into mince meat!!! He is very slowly learning to control his tongue with me. The "No Tongue" request is chanted when he gets in my face and he is learning to respect that with me. God help anybody else you will get a bath. But I will continue to teach him manners. If we could get past the licking thing he is the absolute BEST BOY!

OK.....one of the downsides of staying home is that I get to clean the house and catch up with some stuff around the house. But I will attack it slowly and read a few chapters of my current read in between cleaning rooms!! LOL Hey that's how I did it back in the olden days with soap operas. I would jump when the advertisements came on and clean like crazy. It worked every time!

Have a great time and pass some huggies around. A special huggie goes out to my friend Ellen!!! Safe trip my friend and my prayers and white light will be with you during the next few days!!! Love ya Chica!!!

Dilly

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sweetie!!! Know that you and Peter are surrounded with love as you make your way back to PA to say good bye to his sister! Safe trip babe!

    ReplyDelete