Monday, May 2, 2011

A quick Monday Flyby from me!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I accomplished a lot but not enough. Isn't that how it always goes???

We went out for dinner with Heather, Kirk & Xavier at their local favorite Mexican place. The food was very good and the company was even better! Hubby took me out for Pizza the night before just the two of us. We don't do that much on our days off and to just set and relax was wonderful. When we have to eat on the road during our work days it is run in eat and run out, no relaxing, just getting what we need and jumping back in the car! I think to finish the weekend off we will be grilling shishkabob on the grill today! OK....I covered food!

I picked up some new herbs for my herb garden, replaced some that didn't look like they made it through the winter. So that one is up and running and we moved the sun dial into the middle of my herb garden.

We worked on installing a solar water pump on one of my fountains in the side yard. The one we worked on is the fountain I call "Pee Boy". Actually it is a statue that was used in a play in Creede. Todd brought it home and after it was used for inspiration for a play at his college he gave it to me for Mothers Day. It holds a special place in my garden and now when the sun shines the 3 foot tall little guy does his thing!!!

Next we will hook up the other solar pump to my big Bird Bath/Fountain which actually spouts water from three places but we are only going to do one. Another couple weeks and we will be able to put some plants in for the vegetable garden. But the temps keep getting to low at night for that right now!

I am off to finish a bag I have been working on. I really think I will like the finished product, so I am excited to see it come out of the washer with all the fraying and the colors it adds! I have some fuu-fuu designs running around in my head I am going to have to work on!

Some big news is after seeing a link on Face Book posted by my DIL Erin. I took the jump and adopted and US Soldier to write and support while he serves over seas. I got my information last night and will be writing to a Major in the Army! I have sent off an email and am finishing up a snail mail letter. I am looking forward to sending my support and prayers to one of our fine soldiers!!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Huggies all around for everyone!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment