Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mr Sun is showing his shinning face this morning!


It's still just above freezing, but the sun is shining so I will take that as a start to a good day. It's always good for me when it's the last of our 3 days on the road. I will be dragging but with a smile on my face!!

So I am trying to figure out what to plant in the garden this year. It was such a wash last year and I tend to plant way to many different things in my small space and end up with not enough of anything! So, this year I am sticking to only a few. I think I will go with Green Peppers, tomatoes, and one more thing. Anything else we use I can't buy at the farmers market so cheap it's not worth the effort. We will see how my strawberries and rhubarb do and see if I need to add to them. Hubby will be putting tomatoes in the aquaponic set up outside. I guess I will be canning this year!! LOL

Even though I am talking about planting stuff, it is way to cold to do anything about that. We had snow earlier in the week and it's just at freezing this morning! It' looks like my herb garden made it through but I need to add more and take out some of the parsley that is growing like a weed! I can only use so much parsley and this has run amuck!!! I am not seeing any greening of the chammomile I planted so that might have to be redone and move my lavender from the front yard. Lots of putzing around and taking care of business!



Here are a few photos of Xavier working on coloring his Easter Eggs! We had a great time Monday night doing this. He couldn't get enough eggs, and as his Mom would bring a new batch out he would grab a few and make sure he got all he wanted. It was too cute!! I also added in a photo taken with Papa down in his workarea. Xavier is still working on his apprenticeship as a packager. Trying to fill Uncle Todd's shoes. Notice the jacket he has on, he calls it Papa's Coat and I am sure Papa's shoes can't be far behind. He likes his Tevas like Papa. Does this little guy adore his Papa....OH Yah and what is even better is the feeling is very mutual!!!



So my second cup of coffee is done, time to fix the mop on top of my head, get dressed and hit the road! I am looking forward to our days off this weekend. One of them will be a picnic on Sunday for Easter if the weather God's are in a good mood! Have a beautiful holiday everyone!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment