Friday, January 28, 2011

That light better keep shining at the end of the tunnel!

Well just when I thought things were looking up, we had another loss. Shannon's friend Patty came home for spending the day with Shannon and friends to find her hubby face down in the snow. Shannon and I attended his memorial service yesterday. Lloyd was a young 50 and a sweet man who loved his wife very much. I never really got to know Lloyd, but Shannon & Shawn were close friends. Patty and I had become friends over the years with the adoption of her collie, Leah, that I had arranged with an internet friend. Life is so precious take advantage of every moment and never fail to pass a smile or an I Love You to those who mean so much to you!

I got a wonderful letter from Todd yesterday! I really needed a pick up and this was a very positive letter. He is doing so well and we are on a short countdown now to see him in less than 2 weeks! I am so frigging excited to see him this afternoon on a platoon video that will be posted on the net. Then I can start packing and checking my lists to make sure I have everything for my adventure! Heather got all of our San Diego Zoo tickets! So we have the day after graduation all planned! That will be a lovely time spending the day with all my kids and my Grandson in a very special place!

Hubby and I have been invited to go with Shannon on Sunday for an ultrasound! We will get to see tiny little Baby Binks, our grandchild due in August! That is so cool I got to see Xavier when he was a lot farther along, but hubby hasn't seen one of these since I had one done for Todd, 25 years ago!! That will be a very good day even if the little one is the size of a peanut! :D

Winter is still here and keeping it cold and white outside. But the days are getting longer and we get daylight now almost to 6:00 p.m. which makes it a lot better. Another month and it will be much, much, better!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

2 comments:

  1. Give a big wave to Baby Binks for me, Dill. So excited for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby binks waved, kicked, twisted, flipped and pretty much did a gymnast routine for you Ellen. I'll get an ultrasound photo on here when we can get a clear photo!!

    ReplyDelete