Friday, January 14, 2011

I am in countdown mode!

23 days, yup that is how many days until I get on the train to make my cross country trip to see my boy!! I am so excited and Xavier and I just talked about all the things we get to do on the train! I know the trip will go fast and there won't be enough time to spend with him or everyone else, but blessed and wonderful memories will be made. Plus tons of photos of course!

To make my day even brighter, hubby invited Xavier to spend the night last night! Grammie was whipped from 4 days on the road, but Xavier was so excited to spend the night it was worth it! Plus Papa did most of the work, what a sweetie, he knew I was hurting so he picked up the slack!


We watched movies, had popcorn, slurped soup, played with trains, and jumped on the bed. Ok, he jumped on the bed, I just prayed that he would eventually wind down. Would you belive 11:30 p.m. He went from giggling and kicking his feet to dropping his head on the pillow and gone. I had to check him I was so worried he was just sound asleep there with his little feet up against my back and holding his stuffed monkey!! Great Memories!



Then at 7:00 a.m. he set up asked where Monkey was and we were off and running again. Eggs & sausage, hot chocolate for him, multiple cups of coffee for us, more trains, and his Mom and Dad were here to hit the road. I am so happy that we can do this with him and he is still so excited to spend time with Papa and Grammie. I know that time will pass quickly and we will be a lot lower on the list, but I will enjoy every minute right now!

So until the February 7th I will keep collecting goodies for my trip and start making my lists of things that need to be done, bought or packed! I might even slip in some more beads, clean the house and cook if I find the time!

Whatever you do, make the most of it and huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

2 comments:

  1. I'm so danged excited for you, Dill. This trip is going to be a fantastic memory for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen.....I am sure it will have it's us and downs but it will be a fantastic memory!!

    ReplyDelete