Monday, January 31, 2011

One week before I leave for San Diego!!!

I am in countdown mode, and making my list and checking them constantly. One week from now I will be on the local Amtrak train heading to Chicago. Then we will have a couple hour layover before getting on the Southwest Chief headed to LA. I am so geeked just about the train trip and traveling across the country again.

I do love to travel and see the land as it slips by! I don't like flying, I will do it if blood and my family are involved, but you don't see anything from up there. I want to know what lays between here and there. I traveled across the country by car when I was 15 with my family. I was so lucky to see everything between here and California. Now many years later, to do it by train, comfy, convenient, a potty traveling with you and taken care of! Just being able to get up and walk around anytime I want, sure beats nagging my Dad that 500 miles was enough each day! LOL But what wonderful memories!!!!

Lots of stuff happening lately. Hubby and I got to go with Shannon & Shawn to see her latest ultrasound. Our soon to be grandchild, waved, kicked, sumersaulted, stood on its head and generally was a busy little kid making sure we saw them! We are still looking at August 15th as the due date. So far so good, but continued prayers for all to go well are appreciated!


On Friday, actually early Saturday morning they finally uploaded the videos of Todd's platoon and we got our first glimpse of our soon to be Marine! He looks so good and I am really anxious to see him and get a hug! Today he is at camp Pendleton, CA going through the gas chamber, with mask of course. Then 2:00 a.m. tomorrow morning he begins the last of his training. The Marine Corp Crucible, which is a 54 hour, nonstop, 45 mile hike, with obstacles calling for teamwork, problem solving, physical exertion and no sleep, ration food and finishes up with a warrior breakfast, and the Globe and Eagle ceremony with his Drill Instructors. Where our recruit will formally become a Marine!!! Todd said he is so looking forward to this and especially the big breakfast!! LOL He is so excited to see all of his family and promised not to cry to much. I won't be able to tell the tears will screw up my vision for sure!!

So, I am making those lists, making sure Randy has food while I am gone, shaving the legs (it might get warm enough for shorts, you never know"") and getting the guest room ready for my SIL, Elaine to stay over when we get back. Our train won't get in until 10:30 pm on the 15th. Xavier and Grammie have been counting down and putting our red X's on the calendar!

Huggies to you all, stay warm with this upcoming 12-18" of snow they are calling for!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment