Sunday, January 23, 2011

Been a rough week, but we are making it through!

Having a light at the end of the tunnel (going to see Todd) has allowed me to make it through this week. Loosing Twiggy was difficult, having Shannon go through the death of a very close friend affected me because of the constant calls and knowing the wife. In there were some major headaches, a eye appointment that was all that cheery, and freezing weather!! Right now it is -6 degrees outside as my friend Ellen calls it, snot freezing weather! I can't think of a better description.

Thank goodness through all of the above what has kept me in good spirits is counting the days until I leave to see Todd! Plus Hubby has had a great week going with Ebay, which always contributes to better spirits around the house!

We have finalized the menu for our trip, Heather is sending out shopping list for everyone! We will be sharing meals at the house we have rented and are splitting the cost of food. Plus now we are into looking for discount tickets to visit the San Diego Zoo on the day after Todd's graduation! It is one place my parents visited years ago when they flew out to see my Aunt and Uncle. Not being real Zoo people they thought it was wonderful! As our children grew up we hit all the Zoo's in our part of the U.S. That is probably where Shannon's love of animals and especially Giraffes came from. So it will be a treat to share it with all of them and Xavier too! So keep your fingers crossed that it is a beautiful day to be checking out the Zoo for us on Saturday the 12th of February!

Not much new around here other than trying to stay warm and praying the heat bills don't go through the roof!! Have a great day everyone!

Dilly

2 comments:

  1. You guys are getting so organized for this trip. So smart. It'll save money and time for everyone. I'm so geeked for you. This is going to be a fantastic experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen....I am just so excited about the entire thing! Traveling across the country, spending time with all my kids, seeing my son graduate! It doesn't get much better than that!!

    ReplyDelete