Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday on the Road!

If this is Wednesday we must be heading to Kalamazoo to run the treasure trail. This is a relatively run short compared to a Grand Rapids or Lansing Run. So I am looking forward to being home at an earlier time.

I put homemade chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker to greet us when we get home. That ought to smell wonderful when we walk in the door.

It's going to be very chilly for the next two days. Then a little warmer, so it's time to organize the garage and get all the yard stuff put away. Hubby has to break down the outside aquaponics unit too. The leaves are mostly down, but our front tree refuses to loose it's leaves so the raking is still ahead of us. We did manage to finish the back steps from the Sun Room down to the back yard last weekend. All we have left, is to rebuild a smaller gate to go in and out of the back yard to the driveway! It is so great to just let the dogs out the back door, rather than traipsing up and down through the basement. Color me a happy camper.

The dogs continue to be our entertainment and provide a lot of unconditional love. They both hit the Vets last week and are now up to date on their shots and anything else. Kylee hasn't gained any weight and still weighs in as a small 117 lbs for a Great Dane. Dozer, now he is a different story. AT 5 months Mommas big boy is at 53 lbs and eating like an elephant. Notice I didn't say horse, that's just way to small to compare him to! His feet are as big as Kylees and I had better keep walking him on his leash. He does way better than Kylee doing that. I need to keep him that way if he is going to be the big hippo I think he is!!! I have to say the next sentence quietly....I set an appointment for Dozer to be fixed on December 7th. Snip, snip my poor baby lets just keep it between us!!

The beads have been selling and I need to get back into a better work mode. I need to stash some money away for all kinds of different things!



Well we are closing in on our son taking off to San Diego as a Marine Corp Recruit. November 15th. I can't say it's been the easiest thing to accept. If it had been handled a little bit better maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But I am sure we still would have been up in arms. But, our boy is not a boy anymore and if this is what he wants I want him to be the best he can be and go as far as he can!! I know he will give it his 300% that is just the way he is. So I am learning to live by the Marine Creed and be the Best Mom I can be and be "Always Faithful to my boy" Semper Fi!!!! I am proud of you Todd, run like the wind, Don't let the Basxxrds get you down, and know that I will always Love You ROTW!

Huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment