Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, Monday, Sunny Indian Summer!

Yup.....they are calling for at least 4 days of Indian Summer. Temps to be close to 70 and the sun shining! Time to wrap up the yard work and get ready for the colder temps that will follow.

We did manage to complete our new back steps from the sun room down to the back yard. Lot's of staining and painting for next spring, but the dogs can go in and out without us having to take them down to the basement and back up through the walkout steps. YES!!!!



Now that the steps are done it's time to work on closing up the house. All that winterizing and making everything is ship shape for the "S" word!!! Then I can get going on the upstairs rooms which will be our main focus for this winter. Lot's of paint and hanging murals, closet organizers, and moving crap here and there and back again. It's on a Domino theory, you must do this, in order to do that, and finally you will be able to do the other thing too! LOL

We are down to 1 week before Todd ships out to San Diego. I have been doing pretty good, but I fell apart this morning and had a crying jag. I took Kylee upstairs and she loved me up while we laid on my bed and just got the crying part done. I wish I could hug him one more time before he becomes all military. When he left in September after his visit with us I had no idea this was all official so I never got to properly give him his civilian goodbyes. So I am sending cyber hugs to him, and with a little luck and major $$$ I will be able to see him graduate! That one is still up in the air (which of course is not anyplace you will find me!!! UP IN THE AIR).

Dozer is growing like crazy he is much more Great Dane than Bulldog. He is getting some wrinkles on his forehead lately. But, that is the only thing that resembles Bulldog. He is closing in on 60 lbs and is just 5 months old. Lord his feet are almost as big as Kylees!!! No matter what he ends up looking like he will be a big, big boy, thusly named after a bulldozer!!! LOL

I am off to work on my beads. Yes my thumb has healed enough for me to work on melting glass again. I am trying hard to get back in the swing of things and let's be honest if I am going to make some money I need to melt glass!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Dilly

2 comments:

  1. "Indian" - "summer." I really like those two words separately but when they're sitting side by side - I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete