Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

I just realized I have been running in 3 million directions and not one of them was in this direction to stop in and pay my respects!! Me Bad!!

My 4 days off last weekend, ended up on the road for two. Mostly to go pick up things for ourselves, storm windows and a small upright freezer! So my relaxing was to a minimum, and mostly filled with headaches and shoulder pain. This week will be all screwed up with Thanksgiving. I am afraid hubby will want to run the roads on Black Friday and I just shiver at the thought! Oh well the crowds shouldn't be in the stores we frequent!

Tomorrow we will be spending the day at Heather and Kirks, with family! Xavier has been busy helping Mom bake his Great, Great, Great Grandma's sugar cookies. Supposedly from reports he is covered in flour! Sounds like a grand time was had and memories were made and remembered! I am sure my Great Grandma Henderson is smiling and watching down as another generation devours her goodies!

Of course we will be missing the rest of our family. Miss Erin will be in Colorado with her family and Todd is in SanDiego in Marine Boot Camp. I hope he gets a decent meal in between running, marching and oooh raaaaaah's! We will be thinking of them and missing them around the table!

I am sure Randy will be running home and checking our our furry kids. Dozer weighed in at 73 lbs yesterday at his vets visit! Not quite 6 months old and he is growing like a hippo!!

Well I had better go check on the goodies simmering for the broth for the dressing I am making to take! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and blessings to all my family and friends!

Dilly

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful holiday, Dill. I know you'll miss Todd and Erin - a small hole - but Xavy will do his best to fill it.
    And, of course, those two horses you call dogs must be great company, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. Mr. Xavier is a huge, huge hole filler-upper! Today I got a list of things he saw at the farm Aunt Bobble took him to so they could get Grammie her eggs! The most exciting part was he got to go into the cow pasture and got Cow Poop on his shoe!!! You never know what will make your day!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete