Saturday, November 13, 2010

The last beautiful day before the crap flies again! LOL

It was 70 degrees yesterday, 81 in the sun according to our outdoor themometer! Wow, that was certainly a keeper. Today a little cooler with a chance of rain. But, then back to a real November with highs in the 40's, and the white stuff isn't far off. But, lets be real here, it is less than 2 weeks from Thanksgiving, Black Friday, etc and those are typical temps and weather predictions for this time of year. So this last week of beautiful was a blessing that was bestowed on us, I hope you all took advantage of it.

I have been outside already this morning cleaning up the stuff that needs to be put away for the winter. Hanging the bird feeders, emptying out the planters, putting covers over the fountains!! The stuff I should have done a few weeks back, but maintaining my procrastinator status is hard work. I wouldn't want to rush into this stuff!

We have enjoyed a couple of Skype visits with Todd over the last couple of days. Today he is a busy boy with his recruiter, making those teenagers look like sludge and spending the rest of his day with his wife and dog!! Since we can't be there to share this time with him and send him off in grand fashion we have decided to have our own party. Brunch tomorrow with the girls and their families at Mom's house. We will have skype visits going so we can all say our goodbyes, share our tears and wish our recruit the best. It will be rough, but together as a family we can handle just about anything! Todd will leave tomorrow afternoon to make the trip to Denver and on to San Diego on Monday! It's gonna be a long 13 weeks!!!!!

I found the coolest table Thursday, just a small one for a side table, and it's for the guest room. In case you haven't heard our guest room is being done in a cabin in the mountains theme. So the table a slab of wood with birch bark legs will be perfect. Just invision moose, boats, trees, all beside a huge lake with mountains and you pretty much got the idea. I have all the parts now, but the curtain valances and will be putting it together this winter. I am sure somewhere along the line I will post photos! But now, its time for the actual work! Wait until you see what we are doing with the upstairs bathroom!! I was inspired by a bathroom in a cabin in Colorado that we stayed in. Right now it is an almost unusable eyesore. But I have dreams!!! LOL

So I am off to go back outside and enjoy the sunshine as I work some more. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Dilly

2 comments:

  1. So I'm reading this on Sunday and will be thinking of you all as you Skype with Todd and say your good-byes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie, I hit Meijers this morning and bought 5 boxes of Kleenex! That's just for me, everyone else is on their own. Maybe I should have gone with Brawny!!!

    ReplyDelete