Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Indian Summer continues!

We are being gifted with some beautiful weather. But like all good things, this too shall pass, until it does pass I am going to suck every last warm, sunny minute out of it!

This morning we are being treated to a wonderful start to our day with a visit from our Grandson Xavier. His Mom and Dad dropped him off a little after 6:00 a.m. Mom was suprising Dad with a Charter Fishing Trip early this morning. So we have Xavier until it's time to take him to Aunt Bobble Heads for a day of play and fun!




Today is the Marines 235th Birthday, so I guess I will really start paying attention to this since Todd ships out on Monday. I am still doing OK, but I am sure there will be a little waterworks as that day draws closer. Even though I can't say good bye in person I sure can stress myself out thinking about it! LOL I have studied all the info I can find on the net, so I know what he will be doing, what to expect and when to expect mail. It will be almost 4 weeks before he will get any from us. That's just the way it is. I will wait patiently for any word from him that Erin receives, since he only gets 1 phone call when he arrives. The message she will hear is typed out and printed above the phone he will make the call on. But at least we will know he is there and safe. Some parents actually let the call go to messages so they can play it over and over and listen to their childs voice. Since we have said goodbye to Todd many times, it's a little easier, but not much!!!

Well I am off to make eggs and sausage for Xavier, and get breakfast over so we can hit the road today. Have a wonderful one, huggies all around!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment