Friday, September 3, 2010

Doing My Happy Weather Dance!!!!

If you are feeling the earth move, it's not an earthquake it's just me jumping for joy over cooler temps! It's now 8:30 p.m. and the temp is 62 degrees. Our windows will be open and the blankies will be pulled up to my chin. I am pretty sure if you could see I will be sleeping with a smile on my face!

Today we tried a new area that we have hit some of before for the business. We did a Grand Rapids, Hudsonville, Allendale, Holland, Allegan, Plainwell & Otsego run. It's a lot of miles but we came home with the back of the van full! Yes Ellen I waved as I went by, but you had said you were headed to Lake Michigan to watch the huge waves!

Unfortunately we found a Chinese buffet and we came home with full tummies too. OMG I went so far off the wagon I will be spending the next week taking the lbs off. But the bread pudding was to die for!!! After 9 months of eating organic, it is the sweets I miss most and we really never had a lot of them. The weight I carried around for years was tatoes, and ground beef in a million-trillion combinations!

So the holiday weekend lies before us and we really have no plans. Probably working on the house there is a lot of little stuff floating to the top I need to get on. I picked up all new hinges for my kitchen cabinets. Now I just need to get painting, sanding and painting some more. I am not real decided on what to do for the knobs for the drawers and doors. I have some simple new chrome dealies, but NAHHHH I need it to be weirder and more artsy fartsy than that. I am thinking of either making them with my glass, or buying a few every time they are on sale at Hobby Lobby. Of course all different kind of cool knobs, nothing the same. Hey you gotta break up all that white in there with more than some bright green and black! OK, I will take some before and after pics so you see what I am talking about! Believe me that dump could use anything I am willing to do to it!

On top of stuff around the house I will be finalizing some embroidery projects to get them ready to put on Etsy. I worked on a couple of new stitches today while we were going down the road. You should see me do bullion stitches at 55mph! You have to wrap the thread around the needle 12-20 times to make the bullion, in the car the additional challenge is to do it without stabbing yourself!!! LOL These are a couple of projects I am in the middle of, the first one is a wheat stitch and the beginning of a large cabbage rose stitch! I really enjoy this foo-foo stuff! The second one is almost done and ready to be mounted and made into a pin/brooch! I think I will make some buttons next and have a set of 4 or so. I don't know I am having fun and giving my thumb time to heal!

So have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your end of summer celebrations what ever they are. Huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

2 comments:

  1. Dill - I bought different knobs for my kitchen cabinets years ago. They're all the same shape but are different colors and have different designs. Got them at the no-longer hardware store in Saugatuck. I like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Minds think alike my friend!! I hate being practical!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete