Saturday, December 10, 2011

Time to start sharing some goodies with you all!

OK, it’s time to get to work on this blog. I had promised some tutorials of things I attempt and I am even adding in recipes from time to time. I wanted to start out with a project that I fell in love with, but then I realized I was making a few for Christmas Presents, so DUH that wouldn’t work. I will post that info after Christmas. So I guess I will start with a recipe I had promised a few of my friends that I would share.

The family is doing fine. Today we went with the daughters and their families to pick out live Christmas Trees. We went to a local Christmas Tree Farm and Heather, Kirk and Xavier found a tree and cut it down. Shannon, Shawn and Brock finally found their tree already cut up by the office. Brock said, Yup that one will do!!! I know I heard him whisper that to his Mom! LOL


While we were out looking for trees, Erin and Todd were sharing their time packing him up for deployment. Ok, so Erin said Todd was packing and she was checking his list!! No I can’t share when the window is of his deployment but I will give you a sign when he leaves, don’t worry you will figure it out!

So here is the recipe and I am doing it two ways, healthy for those who want to do that (ingredients changed in parenthesis), and I am sure, tasty for those who want to live on the edge!!! LOL


Cranberry Walnut Scones
2 cups Flour (whole wheat pastry flour)
1 tbsp baking powder
5 tbsp sugar (brown sugar)
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp margarine (1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1 egg (1 tsp egg replacer)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
½ cup walnut pieces
¾ cup milk (soy milk)

Combine the flour, baking powder, ¾ of the sugar and the salt. Cut in the margarine (add applesauce) until crumbly.
Mix in egg (egg replacer), cranberries and walnuts. Gradually add the milk (soy milk) until thick dough forms. You may need a little bit more or less than ¾ cup milk.

Place on a lightly floured surface and knead lightly a few times. Roll out to a ¾ inch thickness and cut into triangles or use a cookie cutter. Brush the top of each with a bit of milk and sprinkle the remainder of the sugar.
Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes on a lightly greased (sprayed) baking sheet. Remove when lightly browned and place on rack to cool. Brew some coffee or tea and enjoy!

Although Erin and Todd's presents are safely on their way, I am still working like a madwoman on the rest of the goodies for the local family. Christmas is at our house this year, so I have all the decorating to do for that too! But for me I am actually ahead of the game this year!!

Have a great weekend everyone and pass some smiles and Happy Holidays around!

Dilly

1 comment:

  1. Dill - your scones sound wonderful. I'd love to eat them - if someone else made them.

    ReplyDelete