Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I am busy, busy, busy getting ready for Christmas how about you?

My goal in changing my blog was to share items I was working on and how to make them. Well, heck this is a lousy time to do that because everything I am working on is a Christmas Present and most of the people who read this are people who will be on the recieving end! LOL So I guess the how to's will have to wait for a couple of weeks.

I got the basic tree up, this means my foo-foo color coordinated, beautiful tree is decorated, now the big box of very special ornaments comes out and we put all the memories up to make it the very special tree it is! Here are a few ideas to make your tree even more special. Find something Red,White & Blue to put at the toop with your star, Angel, or bow. Remember our troops serving here or over seas. I put a piece of RW&B ribbon on our tree back when Desert Storm was active. Each year I thought about taking it off, but it has remained there, never thinking it would be on the tree to represent my support and love for our son, who will be overseas for the next couple of Christmas!

For fun, tie a couple of cinnamon sticks together with some pretty ribbon and hang them on a branch near a light. Good smelling. Xaviers favorite and cheap kid decoration is putting white glue on the edges of pinecones and rolling them in glitter. Tie a pretty cord around the top and you have a very nice ornament!

I still have one package to go out to the East Coast for my Neice and her family. I am working hard to have everything ready to ship so it makes it there on time! I of course am at the typical fill in the holes stage of my list for a few people, but mostly I am comfy of where I am with the whole "present" thing. It will be cookie and goodie time next week. Probably fudge on Monday with Xavier or maybe I will go down to Heathers and we can all make goodies together! I'll have to figure that one out.

Since we are celebrating Christmas Day at my house, I am pretty sure a couple days will be dedicated to cleaning also, maybe even turn the oven onto the clean cycle!! Hopefully it will be chilly enough for that next week!! Right now they are calling for 50 some degrees tomorrow at least with falling temps!!

So I am off and running with hubby to run the treasure trails of Kalamazoo today! You all have a wonderful day!

Dilly

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a lot of gifts to get but all those little errands getting ready for guests (my son and his girlfriend) to be with us for 10 days. I have a small piece of paper with many errands listed.
    I think I need a bigger piece of paper. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen I am so thrilled for you and Peter to have your son and his girlfriend visiting you for Christmas. I remember all those years he was in England and you had to deal with a phone call. It's your turn for some joy and celebration with your family surrounding you my friend!! Huggies and get a bigger piece of paper Chica.

    ReplyDelete