Thursday, October 20, 2011

October is flying by!

Man what happened to the first part of October? Here it is the 20th and I can't remember the days flying by like that!


I have been busy since I chatted last time. We had dinner with Shannon, Shawn and baby Brock on Saturday night and found some really good salads at Chilis. I went to see Xavier taking his last swimming classat the YMCA, that kid is not scarred of anything!! Monday night we did geo-caching (treasure hunting) with Xavier and found a few and couldn't find a few more! We will be trying again, maybe next Monday night.


We had a good week finding treasure for our work and Randy has a big write up for a knitting machine that walks, talks, has a bench, etc. It was a very good find.

I am cleaning! I am first cleaning bookshelves out and organizing them so I can get more books in there. I am such a Book-HO and having the Goodwills in our area selling them for 4 for $1.00 sucks me in everytime. Not only does it provide me with more reading than I can handle, it also provides me with a library of how to books that I can pretty much tell you how to do most anything regarding home, cooking vegetarian, decor, crafts etc. I do need more bookshelves!! LOL

The weather is wet and chilly, but I don't mind, I love jeans and layered tops! My preferred clothing and it beats sweating your butt off anyday! We have hubbies family get-together before his parents head to Florida for the winter. This will be their last winter down there, they are going to get rid of their mobile home and stay in Michigan next year! That will be a little different. Plus we will be looking for someplace around here for them to stay, to be able to see them anytime puts a smile on hubbies face!

Our eating plan is coming together, we are at about 16 dinner style meals that we really like. I won't say there aren't some very bad ones out there, we have had a few, but we keep going. Last night was chili and it was freaking wonderful. I am finally feeling confident enough to substitute things so I can make the food we are use to eating. I am still perplexed about meatloaf, but you never know!! 15 lbs have melted off me in 6 weeks, and my blood pressure is at 116 over 78 which is great, and no daily highs and lows which was one of my biggest concerns! What with filing for Social Security earlier this week, I would really like to hang around and harrass my children for a long, long time! LOL

So off to do more cleaning, maybe a little reading. I hit my 50 reads for the year, I wonder how many I will have by the end of the year?? Less than two weeks before Erin & Todd will be here!! YEHAAAAA The plans are coming together for their visit!

Have a wonderful day and pass around a smile and make someone else smile!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment