Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday and the Sun hasn't shown it's lovely face yet!

It's 7:40 a.m. and I am setting here at the computer trying to get all my paper work and daily web stuff done. I still have to check on recruit parents after I am done here and see whats going on. I joined the forum after Todd left for bootcamp. It's a great sight for info regarding what Todd is going through and what every parent needs to know. It got broke down into graduation dates two weeks ago, and last week it was broken down into Platoon numbers. Which is now at about 40-50 recruits. So the parents I am chatting with have son's in Todd's platoon! They started recieving "real" letters the middle of this week and sure enough Erin got one yesterday! Of course our boy says he is "well and having fun". The other parents say their son's are homesick and whipped puppies! I am sure Todd is doing above and beyond and probably if he could ,without giving them 100 pushups, would have a smile on his face! I keep writing letters and sending him cards. I hope that is helping with his great attitude!

I am working on Christmas presents and shopping trying not to get down to the last minute with anything! I guess I should put decorating on my list of things to do, it's such an undertaking and not a lot of fun with no kids here to help or at least harrass me! But, since Christmas will be at out house I better buckle down and get to it!

We have had snow on the ground, but it's mostly melted right now, but the freezing temps have stuck around and I just looked and the forecast is for it to hang around for a while! Oh, well as long as the furnace works I will take that over the Hot summer we had this year!

Everything else is going good. Dozer goes in for his surgery on Tuesday! I will be sad and will miss him. But I am really not looking forward to keeping him docile and slowed down for 7 days. OMG....that will really be a challenge the way he and Kylee play! I guess gates up around the house, letting Kylee go with Randy and Dozer and I staying home next week will be in the works!

OK, I am off to take advantage of the quiet around here. I will read a little, swill down a few cups of coffee, and make some beads before hubby gets back home to pull me this way and that with whatever is on his dance card for the day!

Have a great day everyone!

Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment