Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am so Hot!


That is not a statement of how super cool I am. That is a statement of how frigging warm it has been this last week. It's so hot out it has been killing the goldfish in our Aquaponics unit outside. It's time to move the Tilapia out there who are more heat tolerant. We have even been putting a tarp up over things to create some shade but when it's in the 90's day after day it's difficult to keep the temps down.

The rain barrels are in need of a fill up and I am hoping in the next day or two that will be taken care of by some thunder storms they have been predicting. But the weatherman with todays specialty toys doesn't do any better than 40 years ago! It's all a shot in the dark. Until then I will be dragging the hose around watering the garden. Which is exactly what I have to do when I get done with this!

The highlight of many months happened yesterday. Randy and I took Xavier on part of his birthday present! He just adores Choo Choo's and we took him on Amtrak from Battle Creek to Kalamazoo and back again. He has been close and watched trains, but we were concerned when he was 20 feet away would he get scared. As long as he had your hand he was wide eyed and amazed and loved every minute! It was pure joy to spend that couple of hours with him and see the world through his eyes. That's the best part of being a parent and now a Grand Parent. To take the time to slow down and pay attention to all those things that the little ones are amazed by!

Todd should be getting ready to make the last leg of his trip to Oklahoma today. He will be stopping there for a couple of days to over see a job....so Rob the young man he is working for can go home and celebrate his anniversary with his wife! Then on to Dallas...he promised his Mom to drink lot's of liquids and try not to faint away in the Texas Heat. Good Luck with that my boy!!!! I will miss the opportunity to revisit Creede, CO it was such a spectacular place but new vistas are provided and I can see a warm setting calling to us in the middle of dark, dank and cold here in Michigan!! LOL Happy Birthday my Boy....I can't belive you are 25....I now am feeling old. Of course Ringo Starr turning 70 was a kick in the pants too! LOL

So I am off to melt some glass I have some weird inspirations floating around in my head, we will see if I can make them into something presentable. Stay cool, stay safe and huggies all around for everyone!

Love ya all,
Dilly

No comments:

Post a Comment