Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring can't be far!!

The sun is shining and yes it's only 16 degrees out right now. But, it is suppose to hit close to the 40's most of this week! That means the frigging snow will be gone and I am tired of seeing that. I can deal with the cold temps, but I won't miss the snow and ice that seems to have been here forever. I would be whining a lot louder if I hadn't had my wonderful trip to California last month! LOL


We have been working on our bedroom, cleaning, dumping, unloading our dressers that we don't need anymore. I still will be looking for a new headboard, dust ruffle, work on finishing the window treatments, and some stuff for the walls and a cover for the Dog's trundle bed. Yes, you got that right, our room is large enough for a King Size bed and a trundle that is pulled out at night for the two Great Danes. I finally have them off my bed at night and everyone is much more comfortable! The photo above is before the clean out, the one below this is how it looks right now.


I just realized I never posted photos of our makeover of our laundry/walk in closet room. When we purchased the house we had 3 seperate apartments and actualy had a kitchen upstairs. We ripped that out, but it left us the water, gas etc. So our washer/dryer got installed upstairs. If you ever get a chance to have your laundry room on the same floor as your bedroom. OMG, DO IT!!! It makes your life so much better!!! We have one end of the room completed and have some plumbing for the adjacent bathroom to fix before we finish the end with the washer/dryer. But I have the paint, beadboard and new floor all ready waiting to get installed!


I still have loads of work to do before the weather breaks! The back bedroom is in need of sorting out, it will house a craft/sewing area, the treadmill and the two closets will be jammed packed with Todd's and our stuff. But with the sliding glass door in there it has beautiful light and lots of heat when the sun shines. So once everything gets organized in there and my art stuff get moved, I can finish up the guest room, paint the hallway, and maybe get the upstairs pretty much done other than carpeting and that will happen before next winter! Here is a shot of back bedroom so you get the gist of my workload! LOL

By that time I will be ready to move outside and keep working on all my landscapting projects. My first will to build a grape arbor, I was inspired by a high school buddy, install my flagpole, finsih with the front yard, and take on the back yard patio. Oh and keep the garden area up and going through all that! LOL No rest for us wicked people!!!

Have a wonderful week, huggies all around for everyone!
Dilly

2 comments:

  1. Dill - I'm exhausted just reading about everything you guys have done and still have left to do - but you've done an amazing job.
    Good on ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! The bedroom is coming together. Just upgrade the window treatments, different headboard, bed skirt, coverup for the dog's trundle and more wall crap and it will be good to go. In the meantime I will be painting trim in the hallway and figuring out what color I will go with. It needs to really pop out all the family photos I will be hanging in there kind of a rogues gallery! Or police station mug shots depending on your view!! LOL I hope you are having a great time down in FL!

    ReplyDelete